Legal Information Access Centre
FIND LEGAL ANSWERS COLLECTION
The Library is a Legal Information Access Centre and we have a collection of plain English books about various aspects of Australian law. The collection includes a series on topical issues and a range of free pamphlets.
- BVSL offers a Find Legal Answers collection, through partnership with the State Library of NSW
- The collection is made up of two parts, Find Legal Answers Toolkit & Law Books for Libraries collection, which together provide a broad range of resources for the public on various legal topics, including: family law, companion animals, neighbours, consumer rights, AVOs, court cases, wills & estates, sexual assault and more.
- A core collection of resources are available as print books for loan or use within the library, as well as a range of online resources.
- The library has recently been updating the resources in our Find Legal Answers collection, and invite the public to make use of these.
- Books in this collection are identified with a black Find Legal Answers sticker , or green FLA Toolkit sticker.
- Please ask our friendly staff for assistance finding information, specific topics or books.
For more information:
Visit one of our libraries and speak to a librarian in person at the Information Desk. You can ask general questions to any librarian. You can also 'book a librarian' for a 30 minute appointment. To make an appointment please call 6499 2127.