While donations are welcome, not all donations are accepted. Donations are assessed against the following criteria:
- Title is in near new condition.
- Title is recently published (in the last 5 years).
- Title is not already in collection.
- Title is of interest to a broad range of clients.
- Serials (magazines) and DVD's are not accepted.
- Items not accepted by Library Services will not be returned to the donor. Unsuitable donations are either forwarded to community organisations for sale or deposed of by recycling.
- If accepted, item will be catalogued into the collection. Donated items cannot remain in one branch and may be borrowed throughout the library service and circulated amongst all library branches.
- Some items that are assessed as unsuitable for the collection may be utilized by other community projects in Library Services.
- If an accepted donation is later assessed to be worn/damaged, contains information that is outdated or is no longer being used, it will be removed from the collection and not returned to the donor.
- All donations are accepted on the understanding that the donor has read and accepts the conditions under which donations are accepted.